Truro MOT Centre Ltd is the newest test station in the city of Truro based on the Oak Lane Trade Centre at Treliske behind the retail park with close proximity to RCHT Treliske Hospital and Truro College.
Bluelight discount £49.95
MOT and Annual Service
£250.00 inc VAT (model dependent)
Booking your MOT test is best carried out on our online booking system, this minimises time spent by ourselves in the customer reception area.
RETEST: Please do not book your retest online, instead please call the office otherwise a full price MOT may be charged
What you need to know about the MOT
Truro MOT Centre also offer discount to Truro College, Cornwall Council and Treliske Hospital staff.
Class 4 MOT test (Cars and light vans up to 3000KG). £54.85
Class 1&2 Motorcycles. £29.65
- Classes 1&2, Motorcycles and Scooters 50cc-200cc (Class 1) 200cc and above (Class 2)
- Class 4, Cars and light vans up to 3000Kg
We have, unlike most test centres, a dual lane MOT test facility. This allows us to test two vehicles simultaneously, meaning we will be able to accommodate customers at very short notice. With a Costa Coffee, McDonald’s, Pizza Hut and large retail park close by, this makes us the convenient choice when your vehicle requires its annual test.
Important fact owner/ drivers need to know and often overlook
- You can have your vehicle tested up to 28 days before its current MOT certificates expiry date of which two outcomes could be,
- It passes, and you get all the days before expiry date added to your new certificate essentially a 13 month MOT
- It fails its test, but it will not cancel out your existing MOT allowing you to remove your car from the test centre to take it for repairs required to rectify faults for the retest.
- If you present your vehicle for test on the expiry date your vehicle will only have a valid MOT until midnight the day if it fails its test.
We are a test facility only and although we will undertake small repairs during the test which we are allowed to do with the presenter’s permission to allow us to issue a certificate.
Repairs which cannot be dealt with quickly but are required can be dealt with by ourselves but the vehicle will need to be left with us ( Courtesy Car available in these instances), and the vehicle would be repaired at our sister workshop at customers request.
Trade MOT customers welcome but discounted price depends on volume of tests required in any one month.
NHS, Truro College and Cornwall Council discount on presentation of ID card.